Advanced Clinical Training in Pulmonary Function Testing is organized by American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) and will be held during Apr 07 - 08, 2018 at American College of Chest Physicians, Cook County, Illinois, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Pulmonary physicians, new pulmonary function laboratory directors, mid-level pulmonary providers (NP, PA), family medicine providers, pulmonary rehabilitation providers, pulmonary fellows, hospitalists are encouraged to attend. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
Conference Description :
Gain practical experience with the necessary technical aspects for performing PFT calibration, maneuvers, and testing. Perform testing on site according to accepted standards, acquiring valuable experience in spirometry, flow-volume loops, lung volume measurement, maximal respiratory pressures, gas transfer measurements, nitrogen washout, helium dilution, methacholine or hyperosmolar saline challenge, and arterial blood gas measurements. Learn high level interpretive strategies, reinforced with case-based clinical examples. Hands-on demonstrations and lectures will address appropriate reference values, newer equipment modalities (eg impulse oscillometry), quality control, biologic process control, laboratory standards for hygiene, infection control, personnel qualifications, technician’s role in quality, report generation and formatting.
Learning Objectives :
After participating in this educational activity, you should be able to:
• Discuss the technical and analytic skills necessary to perform optimal pulmonary function testing.
• Incorporate high-level interpretation strategies for pulmonary function testing into your daily clinical environment.
• Supervise and perform regular quality control on all pulmonary function procedures performed in your laboratory.
• Discuss the current controversies and acquisition techniques required for critical care ultrasonography.
• Address clinical cases with recognized experts in Pulmonary Function Testing Data acquisition and interpretation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-member - Registration Fee||06 Apr,2018||USD 1795.00|
|Member - Registration Fee||06 Apr,2018||USD 1495.00|
|Nonphysician Providers and Physicians-in-training - Registration Fee||06 Apr,2018||USD 1095.00|