Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course by is organized by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and will be held during Oct 13 - 14, 2018 at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The target audience for this medical event is RN, personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for their job or other requirements and healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 0.5 Mainpro-C credits per hour of participation.
Course Description :
The Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course is designed to teach the skills needed to assess and administer care within the first 10 minutes of an adult cardiac arrest. Providers learn the skills needed to manage advanced cardiac life support scenarios: respiratory emergency, various types of cardiac arrest (simple VT/VF, complex VT/VF, PEA (Pulseless Electrical Activity) and asystole), pre-arrest emergencies: stable and unstable bradycardia and tachycardia, acute coronary syndromes and stroke.
• The crucial importance of high quality CPR to patient survival.
• The integration of effective basic life support (BLS) with ACLS interventions.
• The importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
Course Objectives are :
• Systematic approach
• High-quality BLS
• Airway management
• Rhythm recognition
• Intravenous (IV)/intraosseous (IO) access (information only)
• Use of medications
• Transcutaneous pacing
• Team dynamics
ACLS Course Prerequisites
• Must have a current Heart & Stroke Foundation BLS course completion card
• Complete the Pre-course Self-Assessment. Requires a passing score of 70% or higher to print certificate.
• Be Proficient in the following:
• Performing high-quality BLS skills
• Reading and interpreting electrocardiograms (ECGs)
• Be able to identify rhythms associated with bradycardia, tachycardia, and pulseless arrest (ventricular fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia, asystole).
Course Completion Card
• ACLS Course Completion Card is issued by the Heart & Stroke Foundation
• Completion card expires two years from date of issue
• Completion card is accessible by logging onto student account on Heart & Stroke Portal
|Contact No.||:||+1 416-480-6100|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD / Dentist - Registration Fee||12 Oct,2018||USD 555.00|
|Resident/RN/PA/Paramedic - Registration Fee||12 Oct,2018||USD 365.00|