28th Annual Mayo Clinic Symposium on Sports Medicine 2018 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Nov 09 - 10, 2018 at The Kahler Grand Hotel, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and other medical professionals who evaluate and treat athletes and other active populations. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
11.00 AAFP Prescribed
14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
14.50 BOC EBP
This course continues to feature evidence-based and cutting edge diagnostic and treatment strategies for sports-related and musculoskeletal conditions. The program is multidisciplinary, with expert lecturers representing a spectrum of sports medicine fields. Multiple educational formats are used, including case presentations, interactive Q&A sessions, as well as live demonstrations of physical examination, anatomy, ultrasound and arthroscopy.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Identify and describe management of common low back injuries in the athlete
• Describe progressions and regressions for common strength training exercises
• Summarize the evidence for using biologics in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis
• Identify clinically relevant shoulder anatomy
• Perform a focused physical examination of the shoulder
• Identify imaging findings of the athlete with shoulder instability
• Describe relevant sonoanatomy in the performance of ultrasound-guided shoulder procedures
• List key considerations and injury prevention strategies when returning an athlete to throwing after shoulder injury
• Identify and describe sideline management of acute facial sports injuries
• Explain the essential components of an endurance performance program
• Describe the emerging role of ultrasound-guided surgery in sports medicine
• List evidence-based criteria for successfully returning a post-operative athlete to running
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Live Course Physicians and Scientists Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 450.00|
|Live Course Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist, NP, PA, Nurse Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 350.00|
|Live Course Resident, Fellow, Allied Health Professional, Retiree Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 350.00|
|Live Webcast Physicians and Scientists Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 375.00|
|Live Webcast Athletic Trainer, Physical Therapist, NP, PA, Nurse Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 300.00|
|Live Webcast Resident, Fellow, Allied Health Professional, Retiree Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 300.00|
|Mayo Clinic Sports Performance Clinic - November 10: 1:00-5:00 pm if attending the sports medicine symposium Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 60.00|
|Mayo Clinic Sports Performance Clinic - November 10: 1:00-5:00 pm if NOT attending the Sports Medicine Symposium Fee||08 Nov,2018||USD 80.00|