In-Person EventOct 20 - 21, 2018Charleston, South Carolina, USA
22nd Annual Mammography Update for Physicists is organized by Medical Technology Management Institute (MTMI) and will be held from Oct 20 - 21, 2018 at Charleston Marriott, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is medical physicists wanting to learn more about the technical aspects of mammography and obtain the continuing education required by MQSA regulations and ACR mammography facility accreditation. It is also appropriate for state and federal mammography facility inspectors, medical physics assistants, medical physics students, residents and fellows, vendor personnel, experienced technologists, and others interested in the physics of mammography. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16 hours of continuing education.
Mammography continues to be the most effective line of defense against breast cancer. Survival is significantly enhanced by the early detection and treatment of malignant breast lesions. The Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) was enacted to insure high quality mammography by all facilities offering this service. Medical physicists play an important role in assisting facilities to comply with these regulations. In this years’ program we will update you with the latest state-of-the-art technology in the field.
• Review the tools & techniques for performing mammography machine surveys.
• Review a comprehensive list of digital breast imaging artifacts.
• Become familiar with the latest technology developments for digital mammography and DBT systems.
• Become familiar with the clinical aspects of breast cancer diagnosis & treatment.
• Review the QC testing procedures required for each manufacturers digital mammography units and the 4 FDA approved DBT systems.
• Become familiar with processes to establish uniform QC testing procedures for FFDM units.
• Review stereotactic breast biopsy machine testing procedures.