2018 Psychopharmacology 2-Day Conference is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held during Jun 18 - 19, 2018 at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Counselors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Case Managers, Marriage and Family Therapists, Addiction Counselors, Pharmacists, School Psychologists, Others in caring professions. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.6 contact hours.
Conference Description :
Spend two action-packed days learning about the newest advances in psychopharmacology and contemporary trends in medication management. From his unique perspective, Dr. Perry Buffington teaches psychopharmacology thoughtfully, with an emphasis on the experience of the client. Dr. Buffington’s years of experience in mental health and passion for clients shines through in the detail and thoroughness of his presentation.
Clients often only have a few minutes with their prescriber and require additional support. It’s vital that you are able to answer their questions, help manage side effects and understand reactions. Designed for counselors, nurses, psychotherapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals, Dr. Buffington provides the information you need in order to best help your clients.
This conference allows time for exploration of underrepresented areas, including ADHD, substance use disorders and psychopharmacological ethics. Take home specialized guidelines for geriatrics, and clients with chronic pain. Discuss how the DSM-5® and the Affordable Healthcare Law have impacted prescribing patterns and the use of psychotropics in newly defined diagnoses. In addition to a general ‘nuts and bolts’ review of medications, you will examine case examples, discuss medication controversies and how to effectively collaborate with prescribing practitioners. You will find this conference to have the most up-to-date medical information and how to use it most effectively with your client.
Conference Objectives are :
• Analyze the historical antecedents of psychopharmacological products and their relation to today’s psychotropic medications.
• Designate the mechanism of action of today’s psychotropic medications and how it relates to your clients.
• Breakdown the process of medication selection and receptor activation//blocking for specific disorders.
• Communicate the side effects including nutritional, cognitive, sexual, and behavioral associated with psychotropic medications.
• Specify how medications are chosen for mood disorders and specific patient characteristics.
• Compile medication treatment options for your clients with ADHD.
• Determine the unique medication considerations for geriatric clients.
• Determine acute and chronic pain and methods of treatment.
• Analyze future trends, including preventing side effects vs. managing side effects.
• Establish ethical issues specifically relating to the child and adolescent population as it relates to clinical psychopharmacology.
• Apply traditional standards (autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence, confidentiality, veracity) of ethical behavior to issues peculiar to the practice of clinical psychopharmacology.
• Explore specific ethical issues and their resolve to the everyday practice of clinical psychopharmacology.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Fee||29 May,2018||USD 399.99|
|Single Registration Fee||17 Jun,2018||USD 439.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||17 Jun,2018||USD 399.99|