2-Day: Psychopharmacology Conference is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held during Feb 15 - 16, 2018 at Executive Court Banquet Facility, Manchester, New Hampshire, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.5 Contact hours.
Conference Description :
This conference allows time for exploration of underrepresented areas, including ADHD, sleep, eating, and substance use disorders. Take home specialized guidelines for geriatrics, pregnant or nursing women, and clients with chronic pain. Discuss how the DSM-5® has impacted prescribing patterns and the use of psychotropics in newly defined diagnoses. In addition to a general ‘nuts and bolts’ review of medications, you will examine case examples, discuss medication controversies and how to effectively collaborate with prescribing practitioners.
Sharon’s engaging presentation includes many take home “pearls” you can use to teach your clients about their medications and how to protect them from concerning, dangerous or adverse effects. As a bonus, Sharon will discuss alternative approaches using nutrition, supplements, vitamins and essential oils. Increase your understanding about complementary alternative medications such as supplements and essential oils including expected effects, side effects and interaction effects with prescribed medications. You will find this conference to have the most up to date medical information and how to use it most effectively with your client.
Conference Objectives are :
Day 1 :
• Breakdown how mental health medications work.
• Specify how medications are chosen for mood disorders and specific patient characteristics.
• Analyze the actions, therapeutic uses, and side effects of antidepressants.
• Establish and overcome barriers that block your clients’ success with their medication.
• Determine options for clients with treatment-resistant mood disorders.
• Communicate the actions, side effects, and therapeutic uses of antipsychotic medications.
• Evaluate the three critical strategies for improving collaboration with prescribing practitioners.
Day 2 :
• Compile medication treatment options for ADHD.
• Explore medication management of sleep disorders.
• Articulate medications effective with eating disorders.
• Formulate medication treatment options for substance use disorders and discuss how to effectively incorporate medication assisted treatments into an overall plan for care.
• Specify the interaction between women’s and men’s hormone levels and their mental health.
• Explore the use of complementary and alternative agents for treatment of mental illnesses.
• Determine the unique medication considerations for geriatric clients.
|Contact No.||:||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration : Advance Fee||26 Jan,2018||USD 389.99|
|Single Registration Fee||14 Feb,2018||USD 429.99|
|2+ Group Rate : per person||14 Feb,2018||USD 389.99|