17th Annual Developmental Disabilities: An Update for Health Professionals 2018
17th Annual Developmental Disabilities: An Update for Health Professionals is organized by The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Office of Continuing Medical Education and will be held during Mar 08 - 09, 2018 at UCSF Laurel Heights Campus, San Francisco, California, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is health care professionals. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 15.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This conference celebrates Promoting Quality of Life for People With Developmental Disabilities, offering a unique update for primary care and subspecialty health care professionals and others who care for children, youth, and adults with developmental disabilities and complex health care needs. The 2018 conference will cover topics across the lifespan on a broad range of developmental disabilities including autism spectrum disorders and cerebral palsy. Experts will continue the discussion from last year of healthcare coverage and transforming systems of care for the 21st century for children and adults with developmental disabilities. This year's conference will feature special focus on sexuality and sexual health and identity from a variety of specialists. Mental health, bullying, and legal issues will be highlighted. Policy updates on supportive decision making and selfdetermination within a broader social construct will continue. We are pleased to present cutting edge talks on dental care, dementia in individuals with developmental disabilities, and intriguing research and therapeutic techniques for autism spectrum disorders.
Presentations should be of interest to pediatricians, family physicians, nurse clinicians, psychologists, and internists who are involved in health care of individuals with developmental disabilities, as well as to those in other health-related disciplines including health policy, dentistry, epidemiology, psychiatry, school health, social work, occupational and speech therapy, and case management services, we welcome families and individuals with developmental disabilities who wish to learn from various represented disciplines.
Non-profit conference exhibitors feature resources designed to help our audience better provide care for children, youth, and adults with developmental disabilities. We look forward to welcoming you to the 17th annual Developmental Disabilities Update Conference and hope that your patients and clients with special health care needs will benefit from your participation.
Conference Objectives are :
• Be familiar with state and national advocacy, and policy issues surrounding insurance for those with special needs and creating access to healthcare for children and adults with developmental disabilities in the 21st century;
• Be familiar with innovations in dental care for people with DD/ID and make patient recommendations accordingly;
• Increase awareness of social and cultural models enabling bullying, indications of bullying, and how to take appropriate action;
• Increase awareness of social and cultural disparities, and implications for healthcare access and quality of care for individuals with developmental disabilities;
• Provide informed healthcare for the sexual health needs of people with DD/ID, including counseling on sex education, birth control, and gender identity issues;
• Gain new knowledge about the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders and other behavioral disorders and develop strategies for appropriate referral;
• Describe the current state of pivotal response therapy for autism spectrum disorders;
• Apply state of the art healthcare for patients with movement disorders to improve quality of life;
• Describe current scientific research on cerebral palsy, prevention and treatment models;
• Identify signs of early dementia in patients with DD/ID and recommend the most appropriate medical intervention.
Physician Rate: USD 450,
Nurses and Other Health Professionals: USD 325,
Community Members (Parents, etc.): USD 100.
Speakers: Lucy Crain, MD, Geraldine Collins Bride, MS, ANP, FAAN, Henry Chambers, MD, Lynn Koegel, PhD, Robert Koegel, PhD, Yvonne Maldonado, MD, Susan Mizner, JD, Dora Raymaker, PhD, Amy Westling, MPA, Marshalyn Yeargin-Allsopp, MD.
|Contact No.||:||(415) 476-9000,
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians - Early Fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 450.00|
|Physicians - Regular Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 550.00|
|Other Health Professionals/Residents/Fellows - Early fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 325.00|
|Other Health Professionals/Residents/Fellows - Regular Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 400.00|
|Residents/Fellows - Early Fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 325.00|
|Residents/Fellows - Regular Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 400.00|
|Community Members (no CME) - Early Fee||31 Jan,2018||USD 100.00|
|Community Members (no CME) - Regular Fee||07 Mar,2018||USD 100.00|