13th Annual Practical Course in Dermoscopy & Update on Malignant Melanoma 2018 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Dec 07 - 09, 2018 at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is dermatologists, surgeons, oncologists, physicians in internal medicine, family practice, and general practice including MD, PA and NPs. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This three-day course will provide the attendee with a multidisciplinary review of standard of care management practices and state-of-the-art advances in the care of the patient with cutaneous melanoma. The first day will focus on epidemiology, prevention, pathology, surgical treatment and advances in systemic therapy for patients with melanoma. There will be breakout sessions focused on surgery, medical oncology and introduction to dermoscopy. The last two days are an in-depth immersion into dermoscopy for imaging of melanocytic and nonmelanocytic skin lesions. Participants will develop practical skills that will enable them to be more comfortable approaching patients with atypical skin lesions. This dermoscopy section is primarily targeted to clinicians, but NPs/PAs and residents with a focus on this field will find it valuable as well.
• Apply pattern analysis and simple algorithms for the identification of skin neoplasms.
• Identify and differentiate melanocytic from non-melanocytic lesions using dermoscopy.
• Evaluate the efficacy and risks of sunscreens, vitamin D, and tanning.
• Describe and compare biopsy techniques and indications.
• Describe the side effects of therapy for advanced melanoma.
• Evaluate the important aspects of pathology reports for melanoma and identify the relevant prognostic information.
• Cite the pros/cons and rational for sentinel lymph node biopsy in primary cutaneous melanoma.
• List some of the management options for advanced melanoma.
|Contact No. :||480-301-4580
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Scientist Early Fee||30 Sep,2018||USD 895.00|
|Full Fee: M.D., D.O., Scientist Conference Fee||06 Dec,2018||USD 970.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional Early Fee||30 Sep,2018||USD 795.00|
|Reduced Fee: Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional Conference Fee||06 Dec,2018||USD 870.00|
|One Day Registration (Friday, December 7) Early Fee||30 Sep,2018||USD 350.00|
|One Day Registration (Friday, December 7) Conference Fee||06 Dec,2018||USD 425.00|