The International Structural Acupuncture Course for Physicians: A Palpation Based Approach is organized by Harvard Medical School Department Of Continuing Education and would be held during Sep 11, 2017 - May 21, 2018 at Royal Sonesta Boston, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America. The target audience for this medical event basically for Physicians, Licensed Acupuncturists and Chiropractors. This CME conferences has been approved with maximum of 118.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
• Integrate acupuncture techniques for managing pain and other medical conditions into clinical practice based on traditional Chinese theories as interpreted by modern Japanese and Western practitioners familiar with modern medical methods
• Improve the quality of the practice of acupuncture with a detailed understanding of the scientific basis of acupuncture analgesia and the current status of the clinical research in the field
• Evaluate medical conditions and patient characteristics that make patients more likely to respond to acupuncture
• Demonstrate knowledge of the methodological problems with acupuncture clinical research with a focus on developing the critical tools to formulate research protocols that avoid these pitfalls.
This course will include an introduction to traditional Chinese medicine with special emphasis on developing an understanding of its practical application to clinical care from a Western perspective. Emphasis is given to “hands-on” point location and needling techniques based upon palpatory feedback, familiarization with the meridian pathways and organ pathology. The topics of this course will include the following:
• Pain Control
• OB/GYN and Hormonal Imbalances
• GI Disorders
• Scar Treatments
• Structural and Orthopedic Problems
• Cardiac and Vascular Disorders
• Autoimmune and Autonomic Disorders
• Mood Disorders
• Auricular Acupuncture
• Myofascial and Neuroanatomic Treatment.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician (MD/DO) and Licensed Acupunturist Registration Fee||10 Sep,2017||USD 10000.00|
|Resident/Fellow and International Student Registration Fee||10 Sep,2017||USD 9000.00|
|International Web-Only Course Registration Fee||10 Sep,2017||USD 6000.00|