Rusty Pills Seminar – Applied Pharmacology Refresher is organized by ECT4Health and will be held during Jul 26 - 27, 2018 at Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 13.00 CPD Credits.
Two-day seminar – fully catered :
Are you a paramedic, nurse or nursing student who never has time to wade through the text books to find out what that drug or this drug is? Doing a pill round can be daunting given the fact that you are expected to understand the drugs that you are giving. Sometimes patients arrive with a bag of pills, or an ice cream container of medications from which you need to record in their medical history. So, ask yourself… Can my medication knowledge and skills be improved upon?
Conference Objectives are :
• Understanding concepts like half life, bioavailability and the metabolism of certain drugs
• Respiratory disease drug therapy, Steriods, SABA/LABAs and the newer COPD/Asthma drugs
• Cardiac and Hypertension drugs – know your ACE inhibitors from your Angiotensin II blockers and more
• Coagulation and the drugs that are used to alter it – Heparin/Warfarin and the newer anticoagulants
• Antiplatelet agents like Aspirin and the role they play
• Antibiotics vs antiviral drugs – understand how they differ
• Renal and Hepatic failure drugs
• Drug legislation and Nurses
• The scheduling process of medication in Australia and so much more.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.