Advanced Wilderness Life Support Course is organized by Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS) and would be held during Oct 13 - 15, 2017 at Big Sur Station, Big Sur, California, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 20.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Objectives :
• To provide a practical foundation in Wilderness Medicine for medical professionals
• To teach patient assessment and treatment guidelines for life support until definitive care or evacuation is available
• To train the provider in methods for managing medical and trauma emergencies and urgencies in the wilderness when evacuation is unavailable or unnecessary.
Topics Include :
• Patient assessment, Wound management
• Trauma, Water treatment
• Medical problems, Hyperthermia, hypothermia & frostbite
• Infectious disease, Medical kits
• Head, Ear, Eye, Nose, Throat, Skin, Lightning
• Animal & insect Bites, HAPE/HACE
• Musculoskeletal injuries, Dive Medicine.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Doctoral Registration||12 Oct,2017||USD 695.00|
|Non-Doctoral Registration||12 Oct,2017||USD 495.00|
|Resident / Student - Registration||12 Oct,2017||USD 495.00|