Midwife Sonography Certificate Review is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GUI) Inc and will be held during Nov 10, 2015 - Nov 10, 2018.
The target audience for this medical event is Any nurse midwife who is preparing to take the ARDMS Midwife Sonography Certificate (MW) Review board exams. This review is also effective for individuals who need a comprehensive review for professional improvement and/or CME credits. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 24.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This comprehensive review is designed for nurse midwives preparing to take the ARDMS Midwife Sonography Certificate Review examinations. This midwifery-focused examination review will assess knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of the female reproductive system as well as the fetus in the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy. Sonography Principles and Instrumentation topics are included to review the fundamental concepts of ultrasound physics, principles of sound and the propagation of sound in soft-tissue, components and terminology of instruments, differentiation of image artifacts, safety, quality assurance, and bioeffects.
• GYN Anatomy and Physiology - Congenital Abnormalities
• Transabdominal and Transvaginal Exam Protocols / Normal Sonographic Characteristics
• Gynecological Pathology-Uterine
• Gynecological Pathology : Ovarian
• First Trimester OB
• 2nd and 3rd Trimesters - Fetal Age
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Placenta and Umbilical Cord
• Amniotic Fluid, Multiple Gestation & Complications
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Maternal Complications, Fetal Complications & 3D
• Essentials of Diagnostic Ultrasound and Physical Principles
• Pulse Echo Instrumentation, Storage & Display / Propagation of Ultrasound Through Tissue
• Image Controls
• Imaging Artifacts
• Quality Assurance and Safety
Conference Objectives are :
• Increase knowledge and competence for successful ultrasound registry examination completion
• Outline routine scan protocols & measurements for performing transabdominal and endovaginal GYN scanning
• State the normal and abnormal imaging characteristics of the ovaries and uterus and differentiate commonly seen pathology seen in premenarchal, postmenarchal, and post-menopausal patients
• Outline first trimester normal reproductive physiology and identify normal anatomy
• List first trimester complications and associated ultrasound findings
• Perform 2nd and 3rd trimester measurement techniques
• Identify normal and abnormal fetal anatomy in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters in each of the fetal body systems
• State coexisting disorders affecting pregnancy
• Cite the sonographer role in procedures
• State the elementary principles of ultrasound including definition of ultrasound, basic properties and units of measure
• Describe the fundamental principles of sound and the propagation of sound in soft-tissue.
• Cite the different types of transducers, focusing, sound beam formation and the various types ofresolution including: axial, lateral, contrast and temporal
• Recognize components and terminology of ultrasound equipment and instrumentation
• Differentiate imaging artifacts by their cause and characteristic appearance
• Outline safety, quality control, quality assurance and bio-effects concerns regarding operation and maintenance of ultrasound equipment
• Identify areas of weakness that require additional self-study to successful pass the Midwife Sonography Certificate examination offered by ARDMS
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $370.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|