Ethical Challenges of Physician Leaders is organized by American Association for Physician Leadership and will be held during Mar 01, 2014 - Dec 31, 2018. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 5.0 Credits.
The Physician leaders must be equipped to deal with complex and perplexing ethical issues. Learn how to take a leadership role in developing processes for resolving ethical dilemmas facing physicians, patients and their families. Build medical ethics into organizational culture, policies and procedures. Understand key concepts facing today’s industry such as ethical conflicts at the bedside and responding to patients’ refusals of needed medical interventions. Put the organization to the test by gauging its commitment to ethics. Learn how to manage your organization’s resources responsibly.
• Establish ethical limits for end-of-life care
• Gauge organizational commitments to ethics
• Manage organizational resources
Conference Objectives are :
• Explore ways to build ethics into your organization's culture, especially its policies and procedures.
• Identify and manage ethical conflicts at the bedside.
• Explain the responsibly of managing your organization's resources.
• Respond to patients' refusals of needed medical interventions.
• Setting ethically justified limits on individual and organizational self-sacrifice.
• Invoking futility to set ethically justified limits on end-of-life care.
• Putting your institution to the test: gauging its commitment to ethics.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.