Clinical Decision Support is organized by American Association for Physician Leadership and will be held during Jun 01, 2014 - Jun 30, 2018. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The interventions that make up a Clinical Decision Support (CDS) tool kit are essential elements for any physician leader to master. This complex process assists decision-making during the clinical workflow. Benefits include increased quality with decreased error. Learn more about a framework that allows for variance in process while potentially improving patient care. Utilize information technology systems to optimize documentation in electronic health records (EHRs) and produce focused patient care. Explore current applications of clinical decision support and inherent challenges.
Topics include :
• Quality and safety requirements
• Implementation and limitations of CDS
• Framework for decision making
Conference Objectives are :
• Review the quality and safety problems that serve as requirements for CDS and the role of information technology in quality improvement.
• Discuss a framework for CDS and the multiple ways that decision making can be supported.
• Analyze the limitations to expansion of CDS.
• Evaluate how clinical decision support information is created and implemented.
• Review national efforts and current research advancing clinical decision support.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.