Building and Leading Effective Teams is organized by American Association for Physician Leadership and will be held during Dec 01, 2014 - Jun 30, 2018. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Teamwork is an essential component of coordinated interdisciplinary patient care, but it doesn’t happen on its own. Physician leaders know the importance of developing techniques to bring groups together and work through inevitable challenges. Gain the knowledge and support skills needed to build a successful team in a health care organization in Building and Leading Effective Teams. Understand not only the principles of change management, but also learn to utilize techniques to build buy-in. See how successful leaders recruit, select and retain top clinicians through effective coaching and training. Explore the use of surveys, case studies and role playing to apply the skills learned. Enroll in Building and Leading Effective Teams to identify and leverage the strengths of individuals to create a collaborative team.
• Increased commitment and motivation
• Performance management systems
• Change management
Conference Objectives are :
• Understand the role of leaders in managing department personnel processes.
• Understand general concepts of change management for team buy-in.
• Develop and implement recruitment, selection and retention strategies for clinical staff.
• Develop, implement and evaluate performance management systems for clinical staff.
• Use corrective discipline to mitigate workplace behavior problems.
• Explore strategies for effectively coaching team members.
• Developing and training staff.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.